domingo, 13 de enero de 2013

Striped manicure and eBay experience. Essie Lapiz of Luxury & Ciaté Glametal

Hello darlings :)

How is your weekend going? I hope it's been a BLAST. Mine has been nice, but I truly believe someone is tricking me time-wise, because the working days never go by so fast. It's suspicious.

Last weekend I was in Berlin visiting a dear friend of mine; can you guess what I brought back home? Marzipan? No. Beer? Nope. 18 bottles of nail polish. YEAH! Plus I had 6 more as a present, which gives us a total of 24 new bottles of polish, infinite combinations and mind colapse due to the well known "which one am I going to wear first?!" syndrome. 

The first lucky pair of the bunch were Essie Lapiz of Luxury and Ciaté Glametal. While I loved this combination, I had a hell of a time doing this manicure. The story comes after the break:
I have a MASSIVE problem right now. I'd dare to say it would be a tragedy for any of us polish addicts lovers. I ran out of top coat *sobs*. Worse than that, I ran out of any of my preferred top coats. So let's see: 
1. INM Out The Door: empty. 
2. Seche Vite: extra thick, gooey and bubbling prone. 
3. Poshé: empty.
4. Why on earth would I need a fourth favourite?!

That's what happened: none of them can be bought phisically in Spain, so I need to restock periodically via eBay. Thus, as any other time, I checked my fave sellers' stores and bought 2 INM's in advance. One month and two weeks in advance, to be exact. I was so naïve that I thought I had plenty of time before any of the other bottles would be emptied, and honestly the idea of running out of all of 'em never crossed my mind.

BUT my trusted eBay seller, Ms. Glitzandglamorize, let me down this time. Shamelessly, I might add. 20 days after shipping I contacted her, telling her I was worried because her packages never took longer than 10 days to arrive, and asking her if she was aware of any problem. She replied in barely three sentences telling me to be patient because the usual delivery lapse was one month. I was surprised, because in more than four years not a single package had taken more than 10 days to arrive... But I waited. Until a month and a week had passed. And I contacted her again. 

She unblushingly replied that I had to keep waiting because the delivery could take an entire month. At this stage I was completely pissed off. This lady had not taken the time to read the content of my emails, and her lack of proper reply was unacceptable. And more so when items acquired after my purchase to her had arrived from China before that package. China, for christ's sake. And even more so when another seller had just contacted me fo he was concerned that I had not received his package yet (again, sent from China) after 20 days, asking me if I could take the time to wait and offering me a refund or to ship it again. What a difference, don't you think?

So I bought my top coats from another seller, left Ms. Glitzandglamorize a bad evaluation and asked for a refund. She didn't even reply to me. She refunded me partially, and after inquiry she told me she had charged me a fee. Un-fucking-believable. 

All that story is to make public such a bad service in case it can help anybody in determining who to buy from in eBay. But also to explain why my activity here has been slightly lesser than normal. I hope this situation will be fixed soon and that I'll be back to polishing as always. I have to face the fact that I am nobody without my top coat ;)

Have a nice Monday (I know, it's paradoxal).

M.

26 comentarios:

  1. OMG!! What a tragedy!!! This is why a whole drawer in my helmer is dedicated to top coats only. I keep maybe 10 different brands. I may not favor them all - but I will never get stuck without any!
    Plus - I have recently started buying Seche and Posh in a 8oz bottles. That lasts for a while!

    Anyway, Lapis of Luxury is GORGEOUS!! I have it too and I love it so much!! and I really like your combo here and your tape work is brilliant even without a top coat ;-)

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Thanks! Oh wow 10 different top coats is a LOT, and so are 8oz bottles! Do they get goopy and thick?

      Eliminar
  2. I'm so sorry about your top coat buy/non showing products, it's so annoying.
    But I do love your mani!!

    ResponderEliminar
  3. Oh no I am so sorry to hear that :( Not only that your desired top coat is not available in your country but the story with the ebayer was quite shocking. Till now I never had any problems with ebay fortunately.. hope it stays so :/

    Topic change, I love your mani! So clean.
    And the "which one am I going to wear first?!" syndrome, I totally have it too >//< Loved that part haha
    Will you show us your purchase? :)
    Take care girl!

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. I have 80 purchases and had never had any single problem, so I guess it's not that bas :)

      I will try to take a pic of the haul and post it for you! ;)

      Eliminar
  4. Aw! ): I'm so sorry to hear about your bad experience- some people are just rotten ): I'm even more upset that you're still without top coat! The mani you did here is beautiful. I hope your top coat arrives soon so that you can show us your pretty manicures again :) Can't wait to see what you do with your 24 new additions!

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Got top coat in the mail just NOW! *sigh* the two bottles I purchased from someone else though!

      Eliminar
  5. jEEZE! Partial refund? I don't think so! Paypal claim? I think you have 45 days to file one?

    Which topcoats are available in Spain? Do you like Revlon? I use that one a lot. I can send you some bottles if you are ever in a pinch! Gosh, that's what friends are for!

    The trellis pattern on your nails looks complicated, and it came out perfect! Wow, it looks great!

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. I thought about filing a claim via Paypal but I am just too busy ATM, f*ck her.

      In fact I don't buy any top coat in Spain... And have never tried the Revlon one! ;) Thanks for the offer! I have just received two bottles of INM, I am so relieved!

      Eliminar
  6. Oh! I forgot, I want to see your 24 bottles of Nail Polish!!!!!!!!

    ResponderEliminar
  7. OMG!!! This mani is so pretty. Love the color combos and the design. You def did a great job on this mani. Love it!

    ResponderEliminar
  8. Really nice mani, I like the color-combo. :)

    ResponderEliminar
  9. Awww that sucks!! :(
    And only a partial refund?! Did you pay using credit card? If so, you should be able to contact your credit card company, explain that you did not get what you paid for, and ask to be refunded.
    Beautiful mani! It's not two colors I would have thought to pair up, but they look great together! :-)

    ~ Yun

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. I know I could get that money back but I am just too busy right now, so whatever, she wins this time... Never mind, really! I prefer to be feisty where there's something real to win or lose!

      Thanks for the compliments :D

      Eliminar
    2. I can understand, we chose our battles to conserve energy!

      Eliminar
    3. I understand. You pick the battles worth fighting. :-)

      Eliminar
  10. your mani reminds me of a disney princess (in a good way). Next time you run out of polish, let me know. It can't be that bad to ship from California.

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Ohhh yeah I get what you mean! I had not thought about it but I totally see some dress' corset! ;) Awww thanks for the offer :) I hope I won't have to bother you though!

      Eliminar
  11. preciosidad de manicura! cada día te superas más, si cabe!

    un beso
    nailistas

    ResponderEliminar
  12. Dude!! That sucks!! Glad I know now!! On another note, beautiful mani!!

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Thank you! If that can help you, then writing all that story will be worth it :)

      Eliminar
  13. Damn what a bitch!!! Well you know none of us, your readers, will ever buy from her!!
    And 18 bottles of polish.. Buahahahaa!! Spoken like a true addict!! Oops sorry a nail polish lover LOLOL!!

    ResponderEliminar

Hi there :) Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment, I really value and appreciate it! I hope you enjoyed your walk through my blog, take care!