martes, 1 de enero de 2013

New Year's Eve - 1st post of the year.

Hello & happy 2013!

I hope you're not superstitious and are not looking at 2013 reluctantly and with a bad feeling, 'cuz that's not the best way to start the year ;) I mostly believe that what goes around comes around, karma and all that stuff. I am safe. Sort of. 

I have to admit I had some trouble sticking to the Spanish tradition of swallowing 12 grapes, one for each stroke before midnight. I was laughing because I put 13 grapes on The Boyfriend's cup and right in the end he exclaimed "fack, I lost count!". In summary, I ended up with around 8 grapes on my mouth because I couldn't swallow quick enough. Hilarious, but I hope that won't make 2013 any shittier than it is already, potentially.

Enough bla bla, on to my simple make up for New Year's Eve; face washed and black liner. I swear I had some blush on, but here's the proof I have the skin of an undead.
As for the nails, I opted for a re-version of Dita Von Teese's nude half moons and added grey french tips. I used Anny Open my Heart (that somehow I always want to call Rip my Heart Open; yuck!) as a base and China Glaze Stone Cold for the tips. Fist picture is matte Stone Cold, next one is topped off with Poshé.
I matched my dress somehow :)
So again, special occasion makes me show my face in here not once, but twice! Happy new year, ladies! Take care!
M.

29 comentarios:

  1. the nails!!!
    so pretty!!
    i love how it fits the outfit:-)
    you r totally adorable in it:-)


    http://color-beam.blogspot.cz/

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Hello Milady!!! You are stunning!!!
    Your nails match your dress perfectly (I liked the matted version better though) and you don't have a skin of an undead at all! You are just watching too many movies! :-P

    Happy happy happy new year!!!

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Hey! Yeah maybe I just wish I was immortal and all that shit :p Thank you, Jin!

      Eliminar
  3. Happy new year!!!!!! I love how your nails match your dress, and you're so pretty! (Also, I'd be so scared to choke on grapes from that tradition!)

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Eileen! Thank you ^^ I was quite satisfied with the overall look!

      Eliminar
  4. Pretty nails, pretty outfit, pretty make up - girl, you are gorgeous!! ^.^ Happy new year!

    ResponderEliminar
  5. Happy new year gorgeous! Love the outfit and the nails :-)

    ResponderEliminar
  6. Happy new year! :D You looked beautiful and your nails are fierce!

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Fierce? Yay! That's the way I like it :) Thank you and happy new year!

      Eliminar
  7. Pretty girl, kick ass nails! Feliz Año Nuevo!

    ResponderEliminar
  8. Happy New Year! I love the nails and the outfit! And I love how they match the dress! They look so cool and chic with the nude half moons! :D

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Yay, how many compliments ^^ I am feeling like a little kid! Thank you! :D

      Eliminar
  9. Love the nails and the dress, and your hair looks fantastic! So pretty! :)

    ResponderEliminar
  10. It's a perfect match with your beautiful dress :)

    ResponderEliminar
  11. That is a neat tradition of 12 grapes at midnight, it gives you something to do instead of yea! it's midnight, go to bed.... I have to say I was a bit negative yesterday... sighing over the house mortgage... mort - gage, = dead - pledge.... my husband said "yep that's a nice way to start the new year honey". LOL!

    Anyhow, you look very pretty, love the nails and they are AWESOME with the dress! I will take your advice and be more cheerful. Happy new year!

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Haha, well you know in Spain everything starts at midnight, that night! Drinking cames and then disco, it's tradition. Bed can wait until 7 or 8 am, usually. Excessive!

      Ah well you were not on the best of moods then! Stop rambling about bad things, don't call the bad weather as we say here.

      Thank youuuuu!

      Eliminar
  12. Happy new year!!! <3
    Your nails and outfit are both so gorgeous! I like how you matched them. And you are one beautiful lady! :-)

    ~ Yun

    ResponderEliminar
  13. Happy New Year!

    As a former Goth, I am super jealous of your 'pale as death' skin. That dress is killer and your nails are fabulous! I hope those grapes were small, lol.

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. :D thank you! The grapes were bigger than what I am used to because I pick the tiniest ones. This time... no choice! Hence the fail :p

      Eliminar
  14. Woohoo hot mama!! Love the nails and the dress!!!
    Happy New Year!!! :)

    ResponderEliminar
  15. I wish you a Happy New Year, better than all the other ones, my all your wishes come true! First of all I love your dress and that you made a matching manicure that makes it much more elegant and attractive! Your story with the grapes is very funny, the tradition is similar here too, but I can not eat now grapes :(

    ResponderEliminar

Hi there :) Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment, I really value and appreciate it! I hope you enjoyed your walk through my blog, take care!