miércoles, 31 de julio de 2013

Mish Mash Challenge - Purple. Superficially Colorful Lacquer in GIGGLY!

Hello there!

The ladies behind the ABC Challenge could not (virtually) live without one another. It has been such a great way to get to know each other, the group has grown strong and... decided to concoct yet another challenge! I am happy to announce the start of the MISH MASH CHALLENGE! :)

Day 1: Purple. 
My dear friend Jin from Superficially Colorful sent me a package with her Mood Swings collection, along with some other gorgeous goodies, which I received just before leaving for my week in France. To say that I was happy is an understatement; my neighbors were alarmed and my ceiling still shows some bumps... ;) 

I thought today's topic was the perfect occasion to introduce Superficially Colorful Lacquer's Giggly, from the Mood Swings collection! This gorgeous polish shifts from dark purple to hot pink, and I have been absolutely in love with it since I put it on:
The formula, the jar and the brush were perfect. What you see are two coats of Giggly applied like butter and a coat of INM Out the Door. Here in Collioure the temperature is crazy hot so most of the time the mani looked like in the first and second pictures, with a subtle gradient.

Now, have you remarked I have changed my nail shape? I decided to try stiletto nails (sort of) for the holidays, and I adore them so far. They look fierce without being too aggressive, and they make my fingers look longer... The Boyfriend likes them, but prefers square or oval nails: yup, that means stilettos are ranked 3rd and last, as I've only tried those three nail shapes. Honestly now, what do YOU think about them? Yay or nay?

Whatever, they offer new nail art possibilities that I intend to take advantage of. Take a look of what I have taken with me for a single week away:
I might have been a little overboard... Considering we've traveled in a motorbike, just like last year, in all honesty I think there's more polish than clothes in my luggage... But of course, what we call summer clothes are just tiny teeny pieces of fabric, so I guess it's not that bad. Right?

Off-topic: here's what was written in the French August Cosmopolitan. Loose translation: "Use a base coat and two coats of red polish clumsily applied. The more we overflow the nail the better, this way we will not forget any bit. Then, use a Q-tip with polish remover to clean up the excess and a top coat". 
Right. So this advice sits next to hair oils costing Eur. 30 that are supposed to make mine look like a mermaid's, yes? Oh well, let me see, I think you've lost ALL YOUR CREDIBILITY, Cosmo.

Feel free to think crap about their advice from now on, and take care!

M. 

51 comentarios:

  1. Pero que bonito esmalte Mati!!! Necesito unos thermals en mi vida ya! Jaja
    De la forma de tus uñas Yay!!!

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Gracias :D Espero que encuentres unos thermals a mano ;)!

      Eliminar
  2. You know what they say: "Prevention is better than cure" haahha!! Omgosh! That polish is gorgeous!!! Love that both changes/transformation are of vivid strong colours! Kudos to JinJit for this amazing polish! Can't wait to see the rest fo the collection!

    Btw, LOVING the stilletto look on you! I think it suits you very well! And fierce! Hahaha, I like fierce! I'd gone stilletto if not because of my slight OCD thingy. LOLs. =P

    ResponderEliminar
  3. Yay to the stillettos!! look beautiful on your nails :) and the polish is beautiful.

    ResponderEliminar
  4. Wow that polish is gorgeous, and your stiletto nails look fabulous on you!!
    I love that you choose polish and nail art equipment over clothing on your vacation haha!
    and OMG that Cosmo advice is ridiculous, painting red clumsily never ends well Bahaha!! :D

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Hahaha, what would a nail addict do? Right? ;) The choice was easy! Thank you for the compliments! And yup, that Cosmo was crap!

      Eliminar
  5. Your nails are beautiful! And the color change in the polish is awesome :)

    ResponderEliminar
  6. LMAO re Cosmo, and your damaged ceiling. Incredible haul, M! I'm loving the stilettos. I say, rock them until you can't. At some point (no pun intended), you'll have a break and Back to Squovals You Go! In the meantime, have fun with all your options!

    I'm loving this mani and those purple tips are sick, which is to say STUNNING!

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Thanks Lisa :D Geeee I hadn't thought about breakage until you mentionned it and next day BAM! But I am still rocking them, yeah! Fixed it for a while!

      Eliminar
  7. I think the stilettos look great on you and that polish is simply amazing!

    ResponderEliminar
  8. You have such beautiful nails!! I generally prefer square nails but these look fantastic on you! ANd that polish is just gorgeous!! :)

    ResponderEliminar
  9. I like your nails, regardless of shape. And this color is just awesome!

    nichole
    prettygirlscience.com

    ResponderEliminar
  10. First of all: YAAAAY, your new nail shape is amazinfg, amlonds look perfect on your hands.
    And this polish is super cool!

    ResponderEliminar
  11. LOL, I love what you took with you on vacation! A true polish-aholic! I love the polish and you new stiletto nails! The make your fingers look so long and shapely!

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Haha! Thanks, Dionne! I am sure you would have done the same!

      Eliminar
  12. You lucky duck, getting your paws on Jin's gorgeous color changing polishes! I admit I am sooo envious! :D The pink/purple shift in this one is really pretty. :)

    Hehe that's a nice bunch of nail supplies to take with you. Now no matter what you guys decide to do on vacation, you can come up with the perfect nails for the occasion!

    ~ Yun

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. I knooooow! I am such a lucky lad :D Oh, and HAPPY! I have all those colors to play with ^^

      Eliminar
  13. I love the color shift! I dont think i own any color changing polishes :( i deff would love this one!

    ResponderEliminar
  14. I'm digging your stilettos. You've got lovely long fingers for them and they're a more subtle shape than the super-pointy-bride-of-Dracula type. I give 'em two thumbs up and if I had more thumbs I'd give ten for that polish! Drool worthy indeed! Gorgeous :)

    ResponderEliminar
  15. Love this thermal polish!
    And the article is just incredibly silly -_-

    ResponderEliminar
  16. Jealous. I need some of these mood swing polishes. Then again, I need a lot lol.

    ResponderEliminar
  17. ROFL @Cosmo!
    I had a grin all the way down to your post. One week on a motorbike with over 20 bottles? You're crazy girl! Sure summer clothes are tiny bits of fabric but.. 20 bottles!!! Ahahah. OMG!
    That thermo polish is great btw, I wished there were some cheap and easy to find ones over here :(

    ResponderEliminar
  18. What a stunning polish!! Absolutely gorgeous! And the new nail shape... definitely yay! :))

    ResponderEliminar
  19. OMG OMG OMG!!! Your nails look AMAAAAAAAAAAHHHHZING!!!!!
    And I am blushing to the roots of my hair with all your sweet words and the kind comments!! ♥

    And I totally agree with you about silly Cosmo! ;-)

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. :D Thank you so much, Jin!! You deserve all those sweet words and more, the formula is just perfect!

      Eliminar
  20. That polish is crazy gorgeous!!!!

    ResponderEliminar
  21. I have to have that polish - just absolutely stunning! And the stilettos work beautifully on you.

    ResponderEliminar
  22. 1. I am super jealous that you have some of Jin's gorgeous polishes!
    2. I, of course, am a stiletto lover. I'm one that LOVES to sport the "super-pointy-bride-of-Dracula" type of stilettos. I say if you are comfortable with the shape then do your thing no matter what anyone thinks! ♥ My husband also prefers squared over stilettos, I told him to grow his out and then he can have his own squares! LOL
    3. We've been painting our nails wrong this whole time! Thanks to Cosmo for their amazing advice! Cosomo is on crack! LOL

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Haha Gini, I loved your comment! 1 up! So did your hubby grow his own squared nails? ;) And yeah, I think we should all write a letter to Cosmo France and thank them for shedding some light on how the hell we have to paint our piggies!

      Eliminar
  23. That is beautiful! I adore color changing polish, and this is beautiful!

    ANd the Cosmo advice? What a hoot!!

    ResponderEliminar
  24. Color changing polish is amazing.

    ResponderEliminar
  25. Love, love, love this mani! And your nail shape too for that matter! I can't say that I normally like stiletto nails, but when they have the right length and shape on the right set of fingers, they're actually really cool.

    ResponderEliminar

Hi there :) Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment, I really value and appreciate it! I hope you enjoyed your walk through my blog, take care!