lunes, 9 de abril de 2012

Sponged silver tips

Hey!


I wanted to do something fun for my night out, with a bit of wow but still keeping it simple, so this is what I came up with:


I kept Sally Hansen Pacific Blue as an electric base, and sponged the tips with Gosh Silver, which really popped out!


It was my second attempt at sponging, and I found out that using a foil polish such as Silver is much much easier than sponging cremes. The gradient built up pretty much on its own, and I escaped the whole "damn, I don't have the perfect colour for the gradient to be neat". 2 colours, problem solved.


Mysteriously, you never have all the polishes you think you need when you want to do an ombre manicure or a smooth gradient with different tones. And the lacking colour is ALWAYS the fella that should go right in the middle... *sigh*
Remember this whenever you need an excuse to buy more polish!


At the end of the day my only victory was my manicure, which received several compliments ;) I got lost in something ultra sweet with more degrees than it appeared at first, which led me home far too early. Oh well.


Stay tuned :)

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

Hi there :) Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment, I really value and appreciate it! I hope you enjoyed your walk through my blog, take care!