I thought maybe someone out there was interested in knowing which nail products I use in a regular basis, that proved to work for me and could work for you aswell.
First off, here's a picture of my bare nails. I confess I took the picture in a moment in which I had little staining and the overall look of 'em was healthy, but I also need to say I had major staining problems in the past. The thing is I love me some blue / green colors; the big fat staining ones, you know? Added to this, I didn't use any base for several years (shame on me!), so after moving in this new flat in August, process due to which my nails sucked big time and broke repeatedly, I faced the fact that my nailies needed some heavy pampering and a healthy maintenance regime.
I have now tried many different products and finally settled in a handful of them. From left to right, the products that I reach for every time I change my manicure are:
- Rituals Hammam Mint exfoliating body scrub. This smells deliciously fresh and exfoliates the skin of my hands while hydrating them.
- Douglas Nail Butter. I bought in without paying much attention to what it was, and I am very pleased with its effects. It nourishes the nail and keeps it flexible and healthy and smells like a candy store. It's not meant to be quickly absorbed, so I gently rub it on my nails while watching a movie. Meanwhile my nails have also some time to breathe, and that can only do them good.
- The Body Shop Hemp Hand Cream. Amazing. This thing does miracles with dry skin and preventing skin dryness. It's unctuous, so you may want to use it before going to bed or when you have a moment for yourself. It does not smell especially good (it has a natural herbal scent to it) but is so worth it.
- Hacendado Cuticle Cream. I am afraid this is only available in Spain, it smells great and smoothes my cuticles quite well.
- Essie All in One Base. It's supposed to provide vitamins and calcium to the nail while protecting it, and it really does prevent them from staining. It dries super fast. Perfect underwear.
Do you use any of those products or have you ever tried them? If so, what is your impression? I'm also curious about what products do you personally recommend; any tips to share?